Dear Florence Citizens and Voters,
Early Ballots will be mailed out this week and I am asking for your vote to serve as Town of Florence Mayor. Currently, I serve as the Mayor of Florence. In 2012, I was elected to a four-year term serving on our Town Council. In 2014, my elected peers selected me to serve as Vice-Mayor. I represent Florence at the: Arizona Legislature, Central Arizona Association of Governments, Arizona League of Cities and Towns Resolution Committee, Maricopa Association of Governments, National League of Cities and Towns, Regional Transportation Authority, and Arizona League of Cities and Towns Budget, Finance, and Economic Development Committee. I believe there is much opportunity for prosperity and growth that is upon us right now and I’m proud to be part of a monumental time in the history of the Town of Florence. In addition, I am the only candidate endorsed by the Arizona Police Association and Professional Firefighters of Arizona. I would like to take a moment and share with you some highlights that we have accomplished over the past four years:
• 1,261 New Homes Constructed, 2016-2020 • Infill Building Downtown • New Plats approved for Development
• Strong County Partnership: Two Midrise Buildings being built in Florence, bringing new jobs
• New High Speed Data Fiber • New Roads • Resurfacing • Repaving • Sewer Treatment Plants • Water Recharge Facilities
• Highest number of business permits in last four years • 878 Business Licenses • 106 “Brick and Mortar” Businesses • More to come!
• Active Transportation Plan • Parks and Recreation Master Plan • Regional Transportation Plan • Safe Routes to Schools • Strategic Plan
• Halloween • Jr. Parada Parade and Rodeo • Christmas on Main St. • Jingle Bell Jog • Make a Difference Day • Memories on Main Car Classics and Customs Car and Bike Show • Historic Home Tour • Road to Country Thunder • Florence Music Festival • Independence Day Celebrations • Arts and Culture Festival • Veteran’s Memorial
#1 Safest City in Arizona, #1 Best Suburb to Buy a House in Phoenix Area, #1 Best Places for Young Professionals in Pinal County #1 Best Places to Retire in Arizona, #10 Best AZ Retirement Communities, Anthem at Merrill Ranch, Premier Emergency Services Agency Provider
I am working hard to: Keep our Neighborhoods Safe, with Prompt Emergency Response Times; Focusing on Future Growth, while Preserving our Past; Working to Unify our Town; and Implementing Strategic Planning, with Fiscal Responsibility. Again, I am working hard to make a positive difference for our town and would appreciate your vote. To learn more, please visit my website: www.tarawalter.com.
Current Mayor and Mayoral Candidate for Re-Election