If you are reading this article, chances are you know at least one person that is a Realtor.
There are about 59,936 active Realtors in the state of Arizona. If you take our estimated population of 7,171,646 in the state of Arizona and divide it by the number of Realtors, that is about 1 Realtor for every 120 people in Arizona.
That sounds like a lot, but there are a high percentage of Realtors that are part time or really don’t work in the business but do maintain their license. Since selling or buying your home is one of the biggest financial decisions you will make, how do you choose the right Realtor for the job?
Here are some tips to look for when choosing a Realtor.
- Find out how long the Realtor has been licensed.
- Ask if they are a full-time Realtor. What is their schedule like?
- Ask how many transactions they have done in the last year.
- Ask for referrals of previous clients they have worked with and call those referrals.
- Get a net sheet of what you will make on your property before signing a listing agreement.
- Make sure they know the community you want to sell or buy in.
- Make sure you are compatible because you could be working with this person for several months.
- Ask them if they have a vendor list of licensed people should you need repairs/work done on your home.
- Ask them what they need to know about you and listen to what they ask.
Having a full-time Realtor that is able to work at different hours and knows the pulse of the market you want to buy or sell in is important. Having a Realtor that answers their phone and is a communicator is vital. Some Realtors don’t work weekends — knowing that their schedule matches yours is important too.
There are discount brokerages popping up that promise low commissions to the seller but before you choose one of those, please contact a local Realtor. These companies may save you from having to show your home but you will net less money in return. Make sure you understand this and compare what your net would be with a local agent before you sign a contract.
One important aspect that a good Realtor can provide is knowing the right people to come in and do repairs and maintenance. it can be crucial and even make or break a deal. Good Realtors have good service industry providers to refer to you.
We currently have 294 single family homes available on the market for sale in an HOA subdivision. As we enter into the 4th quarter of 2019, we have had an average 9% equity gain over last year based on price per square foot. Interest rates remain low and in fact are lower as we close out 2019 then when we started the year.
There can be a slow down once the holiday season, mid November/December, hits so if you are thinking about moving, now is a great time. We are down to 12 rental homes available and usually that inventory gets depleted by year’s end. If you are going to make a move, interview a local Realtor or two. Picking the right Realtor can make all the difference in your move.