FLORENCE — The Pinal County Attorney’s Office is objecting to Machelle Hobson’s request to lower her bond and obtain release from jail.

The Maricopa mother made national news earlier this year after her adopted children accused Hobson of severe abuse and neglect. The children had been starring in popular YouTube videos that generated profits for Hobson.

Hobson, who remains in the Pinal County jail, has filed a request to change her release conditions and lower her $200,000 bond.

Kent Volkmer’s office recently filed a response to the request, arguing it should not be granted because Hobson is a flight risk and danger to the community.

“The nature and circumstances of the offenses charged in this case are grave,” prosecutors wrote. “The defendant is potentially facing hundreds of years in prison.”

PCAO disclosed more details about the allegations against Hobson to support the agency’s argument. It wrote how the child victims alleged being imprisoned in a room, deprived of food and forced to wear diapers.

Some children alleged Hobson would douse them with pepper spray, sometimes on their genitalia and causing much discomfort.

“I took a cold shower and it still didn’t help,” one child allegedly told authorities.

According to PCAO, Hobson denied the allegations and claimed one of her children was “plotting” against her. She admitted her children did not attend school, saying they were not “rocket scientists” and she preferred to teach them “life skills.”

One child alleged the defendant forced them to sleep naked. Another alleged Hobson beat them and threatened to stab them with knives.

PCAO further noted it had reviewed reports made to the Arizona Department of Child Safety dating back to 2011 regarding complaints against Hobson.

Hobson was scheduled to appear in Pinal County Superior Court on Wednesday but declined to attend because she was not feeling well. The court appointed for her a new attorney as her former attorney had a conflict of interest.

Judge Delia Neal did not rule on Hobson’s bond request in order to let her new attorney catch up on the case. She will appear again in court on May 29.