Youth On Track Cycling
Middle and high school mountain bike racing teams are forming for the 2019 season. Local teams will be registered with the Arizona Interscholastic Cycling League. Youth On Track Cycling has openings for students in grades six through 12 who are in school or home schooled. To join a local team email YouthOnTrackCycling@gmail.com. For more information, check out www.YouthOnTrackCycling.org, www.facebook.com/cghsmtb or take a look at the league at www.arizonamtb.org.
This week at the Elks Lodge
Casa Grande Valley Elks Lodge 1957 has the following activities this week:
- Wednesday: pastrami sandwiches from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday: tacos, 5 to 6 p.m., Queen of Hearts at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: chicken fried steak from 5 to 6:30 p.m.; music by 3 Old Guys from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: bingo from 2 to 4 p.m.
The lodge is at 909 E. Florence Blvd. For those interested in joining the Elks Lodge, call 836-7083 or visit www.elks.org.
100th anniversary celebration
American Legion Post 8 celebrates its 100th anniversary on Wednesday. For more information, call Commander Donald Graham at 520-431-3838.
Eventa at Phoenix Art Museum
- PHOENIX — Each month, visitors to the Phoenix Art Museum may join a gallery talk led by a docent and learn more about an object from the collection or on view in a special exhibition. In August, attendees will learn more about artist Agnes Pelton in tours led by docent Bob Crawford, who will discuss what the painting reveals about Pelton’s relationship with her father and about the spiritual and philosophical underpinnings of her “desert abstractions” that form the core of the museum’s exhibition. Tours are scheduled for Aug. 1, 3, 15, 22 and 29 at 11:30 a.m. at the Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N. Central Ave.
- PHOENIX — Weekly Mindfulness Session is held Aug. 1, 8, 15 and 29 at noon at the Phoenix Art Museum. Attendees will learn how to focus on the present and live in the moment with a free, 30-minute mindfulness session.
To learn more about Hospice of the Valley mindfulness classes or to register, call 602-530-6900 or visit hov.org/mindfulness. Mindfulness sessions are free and open to the public and occur weekly, rain or shine, at the Dorrance Sculpture Garden.