CASA GRANDE — As coronavirus isolation is in another week, and with some parks, playgrounds and attractions still closed, area residents are looking for some fun ways to stay busy and active at home.
Lisa Demarest, a mom of a teen boy and a teacher at Villago Middle School, recently created a list of activities she’s been doing around her house to keep herself and her son busy.
“I’m a list maker,” she said. “I could go on.”
Among the items on her list, which she recommends parents and children do together, are:
- Playing games against one another on phones
- Building forts
- Playing cards, Twister or dominoes
- Sitting down together and creating a meal plan for the week
- Learning calligraphy
- Learning a new hobby or skill
- Creating a “grateful” list
She also recommends posting a daily schedule and getting plenty of sleep.