CASA GRANDE — About 4,000 spectators lined the streets Saturday as the 2020 O'Odham Tash parade rolled down Florence Boulevard and into downtown.
The parade, which officially kicked off 10 days of Cowboy Days & O'Odham Tash festivities, featured marching bands, horses, Native American royalty and various motorized and non-motorized entries.
This year's event had 40 entries and everyone had a favorite, said Mindy Pieper, Casa Grande recreation coordinator.
Parade winners in each category were:
Motorized float or vehicle
- First place: Sif-Oidak District
- Second place: Casa Grande Middle School Cheer
- Third place: Gu Vo Royalty
Walking groups, including bands
- First place: Casa Grande Union High School Marching Band
- Second place: Vista Grande Band and Cheer
- Third place: Casa Grande and Cactus Middle School Native American Club
Featured rider, mounted group or horse-drawn entry
- First place: Central Arizona College Rodeo Team
- Second place: Pony Express
- Third place: Cowboy Lifestyle Network
- First place: Keli Akimel Hua Modk Cudkdam (Gila River Basket Dancers)
- First place: San Carlos Rodeo Royalty
- Second place: Miss Tohono O’odham High School
- Third place: Miss Tohono O’odham Nation