The following pickleball activities are offered:
- The Dave White Pickleball Tournament is Jan. 23, 24 and 25 at Dave White Regional Park. Women’s doubles are on Jan. 23; men’s doubles, Jan. 24; and mixed doubles, Jan. 25. Cost is $30 per player for the first event and $15 for second event. Registration is online.
- The Dave White Pickleball League plays at Dave White Park. It’s for those 18 years and older and features recreational play for all levels. Cost of the program is $15. League play is through March 31, Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Pickleball Skills and Drills teaches players more about the game and offers an opportunity to practice serving, return serving, dink, smash and drop shots. The class is for those who know the basic rules of the game and scoring but would like to improve. It’s on Saturdays through March 28 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Dave White Park. There is no cost to participate.
O’Odham Tash Parade
Horses, cowboys and Native American dancers bring out the rich heritage of Casa Grande as the Casa Grande Cowboy Days and O’Odham Tash event gets underway with a parade on Saturday, Feb. 15, at 10 a.m. The parade will start at Brown Avenue and runs west on Florence Boulevard to Florence Street. Those interested in registering a float in the parade may contact the Recreation Office at 520-421-8677, ext. 4561 or email CommunityServices@CasaGrandeaz.gov.
Fitness in the Park
A fun, free one-hour group workout session is offered at 8:30 a.m. every third Saturday in Carr McNatt Park, 1115 N. Brown Ave. It’s open to all ages and all fitness levels. Upcoming events are on Jan. 18, Feb. 15, March 21 and April 18.
The following music lessons are offered this Saturday at the Community Recreation Center. Cost per person, per class is $25 for CRC members or $30 for non-members.
- Instant Piano is offered from 1 to 3:30 p.m. It teaches attendees how to play songs without relying on music and is open to anyone who has a basic understanding of chords on any instrument.
- Instant Guitar for Hopelessly Busy People is from 4 to 6:30 p.m. It teaches people to play the guitar in a crash course designed to teach basic chords. Attendees should bring an acoustic guitar.
Heartsaver First Aid/CPR/AED
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA) or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. Offering two courses: Saturday, Feb. 8, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or May 2 from 9 to 4 p.m. Cost is $40 for CRC members, $50 for no-members.