Instructors, vendors needed
The Casa Grande Community Services Department is looking for:
- Group fitness instructors to lead energizing, fun, safe and positive classes including Zumba, barre, yoga, pilates, Mossa Fitness, senior fitness and more at the Community Recreation Center. Those who are interested may contact Aaron Walter at 520-421-8677, ext. 4410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special interest class instructors with a skill, talent or hobby to help the Casa Grande Community Services Department expand its class offerings, including in fitness, cheer, dance, arts. Contact Taylor Hubbard at 520-421-8677, ext. 4550 or email@example.com for more information.
- Vendors with food trucks, crafts, businesses or community organizations who wish to be part of community events such as Halloween and Winter Wonderland. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-421-8677, ext. 4561 for more information.
Eat Smart, Be Active
A nutrition class for those who want to eat and be healthier is offered by the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension. Participants will learn how to make healthier food choices, add more physical activity and how to prepare simple and healthy recipes. Classes beginning Sept. 3 will be held on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Classes starting on Sept. 4 are on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Classes are free, but participants should register in person at 1905 N. Peart Road or online at www.casagrandeaz.gov/recreation.
Belly Dancing Basics
The ancient art form of belly dancing improves posture and flexibility, increases self-confidence and tones and strengthens the muscles. Participants will learn a variety of moves and combinations in classes that begin on Aug. 27. Classes are Tuesdays from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Community Recreation Center. Cost is $25 for CRC members and $30 for non-members. Register in person at 1905 N. Peart Road or online at www.casagrandeaz.gov/recreation.
Fall program registration
Registration for youth dance classes, gymnastics, cheer and activities opens on Monday, Aug. 19. Registration may be conducted in person at 1905 N. Peart Road or online at www.casagrandeaz.gov/recreation.
Activities at the senior center
The Dorothy Powell Senior Center, at 405 E. Sixth St., offers the following activities. For more information, call 520-421-8760.
- An evening dance with the music of Michael Kiraly is next Tuesday at 7 p.m. It’s an opportunity to mix, mingle and dance to country, oldies and classic rock. Admission is $5 per person.
- Senior Karaoke Sing-Along is on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from 12:30 to 3:30.
Thunderous Thursdays is a social club for teens and adults with disabilities offering recreational games and activities on the third Thursday of the month. The activity for August will be Movie Night featuring the new live action version of Dumbo on Aug. 15 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. For more information, call 520-421-8677, ext. 4523.
End of summer pool hours
Through Sept. 1, the Palm Island Family Aquatic Park will be open on Saturday and Sunday. The last day of open swim for the summer season is Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 2, from noon to 5 p.m.