CASA GRANDE — Pinal County residents looking to stay busy and entertained won’t have to look too far this fall.
A lineup of events, including plays, murder mystery dinner events, concerts, festivals and other activities are planned throughout area communities.
Some of the most-anticipated events in the coming weeks are listed below.
- Mellow B comedy show, stand-up comedy featuring Arizona comedians, Oct. 2 at 8 p.m. at the Paramount Theater
- “A Word Before Dying: Who Killed Thomas Hampton,” a murder mystery brunch, Oct. 3 at 2 p.m. at the Paramount Theater
- “Super ReDIErment,” a murder mystery dinner event produced by the Murder Mystery Players of Casa Grande, Oct. 9 at 3 and 7 p.m. at the Radisson Hotel, 777 N. Pinal Ave.
- “Moana Jr.,” produced by the Arizona Community Theater in Coolidge, 2 and 7 p.m. on Oct. 23 and 3 p.m. on Oct. 24, 670 W. Pima Ave.
- “Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical,” produced by the BlackBox Foundation, 7 p.m. on Oct. 29 and Oct. 30 at the Pence Center, Signal Peak Campus, 8470 N. Overfield Road
Free concerts in the park
- Mariachi Pasion and local folkorico dancers entertain audiences at the city of Casa Grande’s Concert in the Park, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 8, in the Neon Sign Park, 408 N. Sacaton St.
- Southbound performs country western music at Eloy’s Concert in the Park, from 6:30 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 8, in Main Street Park, 601 N. Main St.
Events Center at Harrah’s
- Music pioneer and Grammy and Tejano Music Awards winner Little Joe Y La Familia perform a live concert on Sept. 25.
- Comedian and author Chelsea Handler performs a show full of humor and candor on Oct. 23.
- Grammy Award-winning stand-up comedian Lewis Black performs a live show on Oct. 29.
- Comedian and actor Tom Segura performs a special show aimed at getting audiences laughing on Oct. 30.
- Country singer Justin Moore performs live on Nov. 5.
- Josh Turner performs a holiday and hits concert on Dec. 3.
- The All-Arizona Poetry Slam championship rematch, featuring slam poets from across the state, is from 6 to 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9, at Honeycutt Coffee, 44400 W. Honeycutt Road. It is presented by the Maricopa Arts Council and also features an “art on the spot” event by painter Kaui Wilson. Admission is $5.
- The Maricopa Music Circle plans its Autumn Musicale Celebration concert, featuring orchestral suites, melodies and an Americana suite that includes a rendition of a Beach Boys song, at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 16. Tickets are $12 for adults or $8 for students.
- Schnepf Farms Pumpkin and Chili Festival, Oct. 1 to Oct. 31 at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek.
- Country Thunder Arizona 2021 runs Thursday, Oct. 14, through Sunday, Oct. 17, at 20585 E. Water Way in Florence.
- Fall-a-palooza of Fun, Oct. 29 to Oct. 31 at the Pinal Fairgrounds & Events Center in Eleven Mile Corner. The event includes carnival rides, craft vendors, trunk or treats, a gun show, pumpkin growing contest and other activities.
- The Shea Homes Good Life Festival presented by Subaru, featuring America, Don Felder, the Guess Who and Nate Nathan & the Mac Daddy-Os, Saturday, Nov. 6, at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek.
- Kevin Costner and the Modern West Band perform their Tales from Yellowstone 2021 tour on Sunday, Nov. 7, at Schnepf Farms.