Both branches of the Casa Grande Public Library will be closed on Monday for the Presidents Day holiday.
FAFSA drop-in help
Students needing help with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid may attend a drop-in session at the Vista Grande Library on Thursdays from 4 to 5:30 p.m. A representative from Achieve Pinal will be on-hand to help. Students applying for federal student aid are required to complete the FASFA application.
Journey to Your Past Genealogy class
The Journey to Your Past genealogy class at the Vista Grande Library from 10 a.m. to noon on Friday will learn how to trace African ancestry with an emphasis on black marriages. The class will be taught by Z. Joyce McCollum from Black Family Genealogy and History Society.
- A Valentine theme Storytime is at the Main Library on Tuesday at 10 a.m. It features stories that are guaranteed to warm the heart. Refreshments and a craft will also be provided.
- Bilingual Storytime with stories, rhymes and songs in English and Spanish begins at 10 a.m. on Wednesday at Vista Grande and is intended for children ages 3 to 5, but all children are welcome.
New chess class
Children ages 12 to 17 may join the new chess class/club at the Main Library. The program is for kids who want to learn how to play or who already know how but want new people to play against. The class meets every Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m.
Both Main and Vista Grande branches offer free English as a second language classes. Registration is not required. Attendees should bring paper and a pencil.
- Monday at Vista, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tuesday at Vista, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Wednesday and Thursday at Main from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Spanish classes at Vista Grande
- Beginners class meets on Thursday from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Intermediate, for those who have taken a formal Spanish class, meets on Tuesday from 1 to 2 p.m.
- Advanced, a conversational opportunity for those who know some Spanish but feel rusty, meets Tuesdays from 2 to 3:15 p.m.
Both libraries offer a variety of age-appropriate video games, board games, puzzles and more for kids.
- Wednesdays at Vista: 3:30 to 4:30
- Thursdays at Main: 3:30 to 4:30.
Kids Makerspace at Vista
Kids ages 5 to 12 may meet every Tuesday from 4 to 5 p.m. at the Vista Grande Public Library Makerspace for art classes, building days and other activities.
Anime and Manga Club
The Anime and Manga Club for kids in grades six through 12 meets on Tuesdays from 4:30 to 5:45 p.m. at Vista Grande Library. Activities include watching anime, discussing manga and drawing.
Sci-Tech Club at Vista
The Sci-Tech Club, for kids ages 7 to 12, meets at 4 p.m. on Thursdays for robotics, technology and coding.