CASA GRANDE — Walkers, runners and fundraisers will race for a good cause on Jan. 11 as the Seeds of Hope 5K and 1K walk and run gets underway.
The event benefits the various Seeds of Hope community improvement programs. Participants will meet at Dave White Regional Park on that day.
Race day registration begins at 8 a.m. Preregistered participants may pick up packets at 7:30 a.m. The 5K begins at 9 a.m. Walkers and fun run participants depart at 9:10 a.m.
An awards ceremony is at 10:15 a.m.
Seeds of Hope is a nonprofit, Christian-based organization that aims to improve lives through relationships and community development. Among its programs are:
- Hot Lunch, served at no cost to anyone in need, Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to noon at Fountains of Living Water Church, 518 E. Second St.
- After-school Program, provided at no cost to children in kindergarten through fifth grade, Monday through Friday at the Mondo Anaya Community Center.
- Community Garden, located on the campus of First Presbyterian Church.
- Angeles de Esperanza, a socialization program for low-income seniors
- Stanfield Medical Clinic, which provides free medical care to those in need.
Registration for the fundraiser is online at seedsofhopeaz.com.