For a complete listing visit http://pcld.libnet.info/events.
9/11 exhibit open
“September 11, 2001: The Day That Changed the World” is an educational poster exhibition at the Vista Grande Library that recounts the events of Sept. 11 through the personal stories of those who witnessed and survived the attacks. Told across 14 posters, this exhibition includes archival photographs and images of artifacts from the museum’s permanent collection. It explores the consequences of terrorism on individual lives and communities at the local, national and international levels and encourages critical thinking about the legacies of 9/11.
Kinder Prep registration
This class at the Vista Grande Library will cover basic kinder readiness topics. Classes will be held 10 consecutive Fridays starting on Sept. 10. Students must be 4 or 5 years old to join. A few seats are left. Enrollment is online at https://pcld.libnet.info/event/5391761 or call 421-8652.
Family gaming at Vista
Games are a fun and motivating way to learn together. Families will find games and fun activities for every age from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays at the Vista Grande Library.
Just for Kids at Vista
- Two Storytime with Mr. David sessions are offered. Preschool Storytime for ages 3 to 5 is on Wednesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. Toddler Storytime, for children up to 3 years old, is from 10 to 11 a.m. on Thursdays.
- Makerspace art class or building days are every Tuesday from 4 to 5 p.m. Call 421-8652 to reserve a spot.
- Gaming, with video and board games available for kids, after school every Wednesday from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Teen Time at Vista
- Anime Club — The teens will watch a series of anime throughout the fall along with discussions and games. Mondays from 4:15 to 5:45 p.m. for grades 6-12
- Book Club — The club will gather the second Tuesday of each month from 4 to 5 p.m. to discuss, rate and recommend books. Grades 9-12
- The Lounge — An after-school program for teens run by the Boys & Girls Clubs. Monday-Friday till 6 p.m. for grades 9-12
Pajama Storytime online
Put on your PJs and gather around; it’s time for a special evening Storytime with Ms. Julie and Mr. David. Videos will post Fridays at 7 p.m. To view go to facebook.com/cglibraryaz or youtube.com/casagrandelibrary.
English as a second language
Both library branches are offering free English as a second language classes. Come to learn basic English, reading and conversation skills with Ms. Yael at Vista on Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to noon. Meet with Mr. Mike at Main on Thursdays 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. to practice pronunciation. No registration required, just bring paper and a pencil.
LEGO Checkout Club
Help us build a LEGO creation at the library by checking out a book in September. September is National Library Card Sign-up Month. Children ages 5 and older are eligible to get their very own library card. Every child who checks out will be given a LEGO building brick for every book checked out to add to a growing LEGO tower at the front desk. The trick is to build together one brick at a time as high as possible without knocking any of the blocks over.