SIGNAL PEAK — Central Arizona College, in conjunction with the Arizona College Consortium, will participate in a series of virtual college fairs throughout the 2020-21 school year. Students, families and high school staff will be able to visit more than 30 in-state and out-of-state colleges.
During the fairs, students will be able to retrieve valuable college documents, watch videos, view Financial Aid 101 presentations and gain information about the College Prep Roadmap and Navigating the College Application. In addition, students will be able to attend individual college presentations that are scheduled within their own booths. To speak to a college representative, students will click on the chat button in the college booth.
“Virtual fairs provide students and families the opportunity to meet with multiple colleges from many different states from the convenience of their homes. It is a necessary resource for our students and families to have so they can stay healthy while having total access to colleges, universities and trade schools,” Bernadette Russoniello, Maricopa High School college and career coordinator, said in a press release from CAC.
- Session 1 — CAC Information Session — Overview of Central Arizona College. Degrees and certificates, athletics, housing, financial aid and more will be discussed. Presenters: Hazel Rossi and Jennifer Montijo, 11 a.m. to noon
- Session 2 — Skilled Trades & Technology: Build Your Future. Presenter: Sandra Zires, 1 to 2 p.m.
- Financial Aid 101. Presenters: CAC Financial Aid staff, 5 to 6 p.m.
- Adult Learners: Career Changes, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Admissions/Application Day, 5 to 6 p.m.
- Skilled Trades & Technology: Build Your Future. Presenter: Sandra Zires, 5 to 6 p.m.
- General Information Session. Presenters: Monica Vogan and Benny DeSantiago, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Skilled Trades & Technology: Build Your Future. Presenter: Sandra Zires, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Information Session. Presenters: Benny DeSantiago and Jennifer Montijo, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Time: 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Skilled Trades: Build Your Future, 5 to 6 p.m.
High school seniors who visit three or more booths will be automatically entered into a drawing for a $500 tuition scholarship.
To register for the virtual college fair, visit: https://virtual.gotocollegefairs.com/azccvirtualfair. To visit the CAC live sessions, click on the Central Arizona College logo and select “Presentation.”