CASA GRANDE — About 20 Pinal County nonprofit organizations are vying for donations today in the annual one-day fundraising blitz Arizona Gives Day.
Arizona Gives Day is a grassroots, statewide single day of online giving that aims to boost donations and raise awareness for nonprofits around the state.
Since 2013, Arizona Gives Day has helped organizations raise more than $13.4 million to benefit Arizona organizations.
Following is a list of organizations in Pinal County with Arizona Gives Day fundraising campaigns:
- Puppy Mamma, which rescues and fosters pregnant dogs and puppies.
- Superstition Food Bank, which provides emergency food to qualified families.
- Against Abuse, an organization that provides services, support and education to combat domestic violence and its effects.
- ArtMobile, a creative center that aims to create healthy communities through community-centered art.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Casa Grande Valley, an organization that offers a club experience for young people that aims to inspire and enable young people to realize their full potential.
- Caring Hands of Pinal County, which maintains a food pantry in Casa Grande to provide assistance to those in need in a caring and dignified manner.
- Casa Grande Main Street, an organization that promotes and enhances Casa Grande's downtown.
- Casa Grande Roller Derby, a skating organization that aims to empower women through the sport of roller derby.
- Seeds of Hope Inc., an organization with different programs that aim to improve the lives of people through relationships and community development.
- Three Precious Miracles, an organization that supports the families of Native American children who are displaced.
- Community Action Human Resources Agency, an organization with a broad range of services including emergency financial support, emergency shelter, utility assistance, transitional housing, rapid rehousing and other assistance.
- 3 Wings of Life, a faith-based organization dedicated to meeting the needs of the children by providing equine assisted learning and life skills education.
- Cherished Tails Senior Sanctuary, a rescue organization that provides sanctuary to seniors' dogs and cats.
- FOR Maricopa, an organization that provides food and assistance to people living in Maricopa.
- Oracle Library, which serves individuals and families in the Oracle area by providing various resources.
- Jose's Closet, an organization that provides foster and adoptive families with clothing, gear and resources.
San Tan Valley
- Compassion Connect AZ, which aims to bring churches together to serve their neighborhoods.
- International Pain Foundation, which provides events, support resources and projects for the chronic pain community.
- Rebuild Superior Inc., an economic development organization.
To be eligible to participate in Arizona Gives Day, organizations must be a 501(c)(3) public charity and meet other criteria. Arizona Gives subtracts a participation fee of about 5.2% from donations to cover payment processing, technology and program fees. Donors may elect to cover the processing fee in their donation so that 100% of their donation goes to the nonprofit.
For more information about Arizona Gives Day visit azgives.org.