CASA GRANDE — Arizona Gives Day was Tuesday and agencies from throughout Pinal County collected thousands of dollars from donors and supporters.
In Casa Grande, Seeds of Hope collected more than $62,937, putting it about $10,000 short of its goal of $72,000.
Seeds of Hope, which aims to improve the lives of area residents through its various programs, raises much of its annual operating budget on Arizona Gives Day each year.
By raising $62,937, Seeds of Hope was the seventh highest-money-raising agency in the state and the top among Pinal County-based agencies, according to the Arizona Gives Day online leaderboard.
Some other agencies in Casa Grande and the amount they raised on Tuesday, according to the Arizona Gives Day website, were:
- United Way of Pinal County, $52
- Friends of Pinal County Animal Shelter and Rescues, $536
- Caring Hands of Pinal County, $3,245
- ArtMobile Creative Center, $631
- Pets In Need Action League, $220
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sun Corridor, $1,414
- Against Abuse Inc., $5,812
- Casa Grande Alliance, $1,996
- Casa Grande Main Street, $210.
In other parts of Pinal, totals were:
- Pinal County Historical Museum in Florence, $1,620
- Superstition Community Food Bank, $3,842
- FOR Maricopa, $282
- Rebuild Superior Inc., $1,686
- Doves Network in Maricopa, $157
- Future Forward Foundation in Florence, $526
- Florence Immigrant & Refugee Rights Project, $15,063
- Jose’s Closet in Queen Creek, $1,465
- Pappas Kids, San Tan Valley, $1,553
Statewide, more than $5.4 million was raised.
The statewide online giving campaign is a collaboration between the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and Arizona Grantmakers.