Meetings/Events is a free community listing of activities and meetings throughout the area. Items are edited for length, style and clarity and are placed as space permits. Include a contact number should clarification be needed before publication. Submission deadline is three days before the meeting or event and at least two days before publication. Submissions are not taken over the phone. Items can be submitted to email@example.com, faxed to 836-0343 or brought into the Dispatch office at 200 W. Second St.
CGA webinars offered
The Casa Grande Alliance offers the following community speaker webinars:
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 6 p.m. — An introduction to the Strong Families Program by Alfredo Gonzalez of CGA Inc. The webinar will provide an overview of the program, a universal, evidence-based, family prevention program that engages families with students between 10 and 14 years old and builds on the existing skills of the family. Consisting of eight interactive sessions conducted over consecutive weeks, the program enhances general child management skills, parent-child relationships and family communication.
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, at 6 p.m. — Parenting Webinar: What do you do with inappropriate behavior? The webinar, led by Gonzalez, aims to help parents improve conversations. Children who are feeling stress or who have gone through traumatic experiences often do not have good boundaries, they may be trying to show affection or think the inappropriate behavior is a way to earn approval. Many children might not know what healthy boundaries are until we show them better options. Join in for this special webinar about inappropriate moments and an opportunity to teach children healthy ways to behave and empower them to create safer ways to deal with their feelings.
For more information, call 520-836-5022 or go to www.CasaGrandeAlliance.org.
Baha’i Institute programs
The Desert Rose Baha’i Institute offers four programs and activities in November:
- Transforming Our One World continues at 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 13, with a presentation and discussion on telling stories through photography. The art of the photographic process is the means by which people turn the lens back on their lives and reflect on the stories that they create through deeds, words and actions.
- On Friday, Nov. 20, the Art and Soul online series from 6 to 8 p.m. continues with “Drawing into Gratitude” and is a great chance to learn more about drawing and watercolors. Session fee is $20. Discover the aspects of life for which people are grateful. In this two-hour class, you’ll learn basic drawing skills by drawing garden vegetables, then branch out and apply the learning while creating a guided drawing related to something in lives for which people are appreciative.
- The Write Life Zoom series from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21, will focus on writing fiction. Session fee is $25. Build your writing chops in an atmosphere of collaboration and trust. Learn about writing and yourself through monthly Zoom sessions with fellow writers and skilled course leaders Anne Perry and Joyce Litoff.
- There is a special Thanksgiving activity from Nov. 8 to 18 in which participants can upload a brief video message about what they are thankful for this year. This has been a challenging year and people will have the opportunity to reflect and contribute to a video montage that will be released on or about Nov. 26.