For a complete listing visit http://pcld.libnet.info/events.
Storytime at Main
Storytime at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays is designed to get children ready to read. Participants will also take home a grab bag each week with an easy craft or activity to do at home. The program is limited in space by the room. Attendees should arrive early and get a Storytime ticket at the front desk to reserve a spot.
Storytime in the Park
Storytime will be held in Peart Park at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesdays with books, songs and movement activities each week based on a fun theme. Participants will take home a grab bag with a craft or activities to complete at home. Attendees should bring a chair as the grass will be wet in the morning. The Peart Park Storytime will be a repeat of the Storytime held on Tuesday.
Fun Van at Main
Fun Van is a parenting education program supported by First Things First in the Pinal region. Parents and caregivers of children up to age 5 may attend the free classes together on 11 consecutive Fridays, starting Sept. 24 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. At each class, children enjoy art activities, stories and play time with a variety of age-appropriate toys while parents and caregivers learn strategies to be their child’s first and best teacher. Each child receives a free book at each class attended. Registration required at www.ajpl.org/funvan/registration/ or by calling 480-474-8559.
Just for Kids at Vista
- Mr. David leads PreSchool Storytime for kids ages 3 to 5 on Wednesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. and Toddler Storytime for children up to age 3 from 10 to 11 a.m. on Thursdays at the Vista Grande Library.
- Makerspace art and building days are every Tuesday from 4 to 5 p.m. Call 421-8652 to reserve a spot.
- Video games and board game sessions are offered for kids after school every Wednesday from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Teen Time at Vista
- Anime Club is offered for teens in grades six through 12 who will watch a series of Anime throughout the fall along with discussions and games on Mondays from 4:15 to 5:45 p.m.
- Book Club will gather the second Tuesday each of month from 4 to 5 p.m. to discuss, rate and recommend books. Grades 9-12.
- The Lounge is an after-school program for teens run by the Boys & Girls Clubs, Monday to Friday till 6 p.m., grades 9-12.
Drop-in crafts at Vista
Encourage a child’s creativity by making a simple craft together. All materials are provided by the library. Attendees may drop in on Saturday anytime between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Crafts will take 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
Pajama Storytime online
Kids may put on their pajamas and gather around for a special evening Storytime with Ms. Julie and Mr. David. Videos will post Fridays at 7 p.m. View online at facebook.com/cglibraryaz or youtube.com/casagrandelibrary.
English as a second language
Both library branches are offering free English as a second language classes. Come to learn basic English, reading and conversation skills with Ms. Yael at Vista on Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to noon. Meet with Mr. Mike at Main on Thursdays, 10 a.m. to noon, to practice pronunciation. No registration required, just bring paper and a pencil.
One-on-one Tutor Tech Time
Want to learn more about using your iPhone, getting library e-books onto your Kindle device or understanding social networks like Facebook and Instagram? Tutor Tech Time at the Main Library is a one-on-one hour-long session for you to learn about any technology you desire for ages 18-plus. Sign up today at https://calendly.com/cgtechtutor/tech-tutor or call 520-421-8710, ext. 5100.