For a complete listing visit http://pcld.libnet.info/events
Fall break reading challenge
Kids can stop by the Main Library or Vista Grande Library during fall break to pick up a fun reading challenge and pick out a free book from the Scholastic book cart. Participants should complete all (or most) of the activities; then bring the challenge sheet back by Saturday, Oct. 18 and pick out another free book from the Scholastic book cart.
Storytime at Main
Storytime is a great way to get your child ready to read. Participants will also take home a grab bag each week with an easy craft and/or activity to do at home. This program is limited in space by the room. Participants should arrive early and get a Storytime ticket at the front desk to reserve a space. Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
Storytime in the Park
Kids may join the library in Peart Park (next to the Main Library) for books, songs, and movement activities each week based on a fun theme. Participants will take home a grab bag with a craft and/or activities to complete at home. Wednesdays at 9 a.m. Attendees should bring a chair as the grass will be wet in the morning. This Storytime will be a repeat of the Storytime held on Tuesday.
Just for Kids at Vista
- Storytime — Join Mr. David on Wednesdays for Preschool Storytime (ages 3 to 5). Or Thursdays for Toddler Storytime (ages 0 to 3) Storytimes are held from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Makerspace — Art class/building days every Tuesday from 4 to 5 pm call 421-8652 to reserve a spot
- Gaming — Video games and board games for kids, afterschool every Wednesday from 3:30 to 5 pm.
Teen Time at Vista
- Anime Club – The teens will watch a series of Anime throughout the Fall along with discussions and games. Mondays from 4:15 to 5:45 pm, Grades 6-12
- Book Club –The Club will gather the Tues. October 19th from 4 to 5 pm to discuss, rate and recommend books. Grades 9-12
- The Lounge — An afterschool program for teens run by the Boys and Girls Club. Monday – Friday till 6 p.m. grades 9-12
Drop-in crafts at Vista
All materials will be provided for a fun yet simple craft this Saturday at the Vista Grande library. Drop in any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., crafts will take 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
One-on-One Tutor Tech Time
Want to learn more about using your iPhone, getting library e-books onto your Kindle device, or understanding social networks like Facebook and Instagram? Tutor Tech Time at the Main Library is a one-on-one hour-long session for you to learn about any technology you desire. (For ages 18+) Sign up today at https://calendly.com/cgtechtutor/tech-tutor or call 520-421-8710 ext. 5100.
English as a Second Language
Both Library branches are offering free English as a Second Language classes. Come to learn Basic English, reading and conversation skills with Ms. Yael at Vista on Tuesdays 10 am to 12 pm. Meet with Mr. Mike at Main on Thursdays 10 am to 12 pm to practice pronunciation. No registration required, just bring paper and a pencil.
Contactless delivery, pickup
The library is offering contactless delivery and pickup. Library materials will be delivered to and picked from outside your door. No interaction needed! Want to learn more? Contact us at 520-421-8652 ext. 5019 or firstname.lastname@example.org.