CASA GRANDE — The annual open enrollment for Medicare begins Oct. 15 and runs through Dec. 7.
During open enrollment, those with Medicare may make unrestricted changes to coverage options. Changes take effect on Jan. 1.
The Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens is part of the Arizona State Health Insurance Program. SHIP counselors are not insurance agents and do not sell, recommend or endorse any particular insurance product or company but offer free information and assistance.
Those seeking help from a SHIP counselor should bring a list of all prescription medications and Medicare ID card to the meeting. Eligibility screening and application assistance are provided for Medicare prescription drug costs, co-pays and Medicare premiums.
SHIP counselors are available on the following dates and locations.
- Thursday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Dorothy Nolan Senior Center, 330 N. Pinal St., in Florence
- Monday, Oct. 21 and Nov. 18, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Dorothy Powell Adult Center. 405 E. Sixth St., Casa Grande
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sun Life San Manuel office, 23 S. McNab Parkway, San Manuel
- Monday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Superior Senior Center, 360 Main St., Superior
- Friday, Nov. 1, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cimarron Trail, 45239 E. Germann Road, San Tan Valley
- Wednesday, Nov. 6, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Coolidge Public Library, 160 W. Central Ave., Coolidge
- Thursday, Nov. 7, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sun Life Oracle, 1040 W. American Ave., Oracle
- Wednesday, Nov. 13, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Maricopa City Hall, 39700 W. Civic Center Plaza, Maricopa
- Tuesday, Nov. 19, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Apache Junction Adult Center, 1035 N. Idaho Road, Apache Junction
For more information or to speak to a SHIP counselor in your community, contact Pinal-Gila Council for Senior Citizens, 8969 W. McCartney Road, Casa Grande, or call 520-836-2758. Arizona’s SHIP and SMP hotline: 1-800-432-4040.