Seeds of Hope logo

CASA GRANDE — The next meeting of the 100+ Desert Dreamers Who Care is from 4 to 5 p.m. Sunday in the Seeds of Hope Mondo Anaya Center, 1487 N. Crane St.

Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to hear from the Seeds of Hope executive director. He will share how a recent donation of $2,000 from the group made a difference to the organization.

Attendees will also hear from two organizations that members indicated they’d like to receive the next donation, Pets in Need Action League and Santa Cruz Valley Food Bank.

Pets In Need Action League’s mission is to keep pets with their owners and out of animal shelters, where they may run the risk of euthanasia. The group works to build collaborative partnerships, providing essential services and creating fundamental programs.

The organization serves financially disadvantaged and under-served residents of Pinal County. Its funding is provided by grants, public contributions and fundraising. No municipal, county or national support is received by the group.

The Santa Cruz Valley Food Bank, also known as the Eloy Food Bank, is run by volunteers although staff oversees the general management of the operation.

The food bank could not operate without the many loyal and dedicated volunteers who range from local individuals to employees of employers that support the organization.

The food bank exists because of the generosity of the community of Eloy including residents, businesses and city officials. In 2019, 3,473 households made up of 10,185 individuals received assistance through the organization’s emergency food box program and mass distribution of excess product and produce provided through the United Food Bank warehouse. The food bank’s service area includes Eloy, Picacho, Arizona City and Red Rock.

About 80% of individual or team donations raised during the meeting will be awarded to the winning organization with the other organization receiving 20%. All checks will be made to the group.

Those with questions may contact Joanne Shearer Parkin by email at or phone, 612-799-5356.


Melissa St. Aude is the Arts & Entertainment editor at PinalCentral. She can be reached at