PCSO Justin Anderson

Justin Anderson

CASA GRANDE — A Casa Grande man is facing charges after he allegedly struck a woman he was staying with so that her ear became extremely swollen.

According to Casa Grande Police reports, Justin W. Anderson, 30, was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence aggravated assault with temporary disfigurement, domestic violence assault and domestic violence disorderly conduct.

At 12:17 a.m. on Jan. 24, a Casa Grande Police officer responded to a call at Banner Casa Grande Medical Center. A woman being treated at the hospital told the officer that she had been assaulted by her boyfriend on Jan. 22. The officer noted that the woman’s left ear was extremely swollen and large.

The woman told the officer that she and her boyfriend, whom she identified as Anderson, have a history of domestic violence. She said Anderson thinks she is cheating on her, so he gets mad often.

She said that on Jan. 22, Anderson allegedly got upset with her because she did not want to go with him somewhere and started punching her in the head. She said she was punched over 50 times throughout the day and that they had four or five fights that day.

She told the officer she thought the injury to her ear came from a fight she allegedly had with Anderson around Jan. 11. She said her ear had been constantly swelling due to Anderson allegedly hitting her.

The woman told the officer that the last time she saw Anderson was on Jan. 23 when they were dropped off at a friend’s house. She said she and Anderson had been kicked out of one of her family members' home due to a criminal damage incident Anderson was allegedly involved in and they are now homeless.

She told the officer that Anderson did not have a phone but might be staying at a friend’s house. She didn’t have the friend’s address.

The officer completed a domestic violence lethality assessment with the woman but the woman declined to call the hotline for additional help.

On Jan. 25, officers were able to locate and interview Anderson. Anderson allegedly told the officers that he had been staying with a family member and the last time he had talked with the woman was on Jan. 24. She had asked him to stay with her at a local hotel through a messaging app. He did not have access to the app to show the officers the message.

Anderson said he stayed the night with the woman and then they left the next day with a friend. They went to a gas station and the woman went inside and did not come back out, he said. When they couldn’t find her, Anderson said he and the friend left and he was picked up by a family member.

According to police records, a few hours after Anderson was booked, the woman called police from the hospital to report another alleged assault by Anderson.


Suzanne Adams-Ockrassa is a reporter covering the city of Casa Grande and the surrounding area, as well as Central Arizona College. She can be reached at sadams@pinalcentral.com.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.