Central Arizona College says it recognizes the reality of food insecurity among its student population and the extent to which hunger affects communities.
In the United States, an estimated 40 million people, including 12 million children, struggle with hunger. In Pinal County alone, nearly 60,000 people struggle with food insecurity on a regular basis. The CAC Food Pantry is part of a larger initiative intended to improve student success and increase upward mobility by combating the negative effects of hunger.
CAC Food Pantry locations are now open at all CAC library locations. To receive assistance, students may visit any library location and ask an employee for access to the CAC Food Pantry. No identification or personal information will be required to receive goods.
Library locations and hours are:
- Aravaipa Campus: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 80440 E. Aravaipa Road, Winkelman
- Maricopa Campus: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 17945 N. Regent Drive, Maricopa
- San Tan Campus: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 3736 E. Bella Vista Road, San Tan Valley
- Signal Peak Campus: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 8470 N. Overfield Road, Coolidge
- Superstition Mountain Campus: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., 805 S. Idaho Road, Apache Junction
Please note that all libraries are closed Friday through Sunday.
CAC Food Pantry locations are continually being re-stocked. People in need are invited to visit and take items as needed.
For those interested in helping support the CAC Food Pantries, canned or non-perishable items can be dropped off to any CAC Library. The most requested items include peanut butter and other nut butters, dry pasta, pasta sauce, ramen cups, canned meat/fish, granola bars, cereal, canned fruits and vegetables, and toiletries such as soap, deodorant, toothbrushes, and toothpaste.
Monetary donations may be made through the CAC Foundation at https://centralaz.edu/community/foundation/giving/donation/. Select “Other” under “Please direct my donation to:” and note CAC Food Pantry in “Additional Information.”
For additional information, visit https://centralaz.edu/food-pantry/.